Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day is Not for Happy

I heard at least a dozen people today say "Happy Veteran's Day".  IMHO, it's not about happy.  It's about honoring those who have served honorably to keep freedoms of all kinds in this country.

So free speech, free choice, freedom of religion and freedom from it, if that's what you want... that's everyone's right if they're a citizen of this country in good standing.

I honor all the military men and women in this country today, and specifically the ones in my family.  My uncles for their service in World War II and after, my brothers and my sister for their service in peacetime, my cousins and their children for their service now, and my husband for his service during the Vietnam era.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

And everyone who ever supported a military person, as it's been said, they also serve who stand and wait.  And pray for safe returns from service.


Those freedoms that were so hard-won include the freedom to be either right or wrong, to be smart or not so smart, to have your opinion as long as you don't try to force it on me, and to say and do whatever you want within the laws of this country and as long as you are willing to bear the consequences of your actions.

God bless America and all her protectors, today and every day.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!