Monday, August 24, 2015

The Weekend

This weekend I didn't do much except communicate with grands... the Jackson grands came over on Saturday because DS was working on a tall building downtown.

It went something like this:

Them:  Hi Gramma, <smiles> Is Miss A here yet?
Me:      Not yet, it's kind of early.
Them:  Awww... <long faces> can we go get her?
Me:      Not yet, let her get ready, she'll be over when she is.
Them:  Ohhhh kayyy <more long faces>

Me to myself: What am I, chopped liver??  <long face>

When she did come over, Miss A made all the faces light up.  They played.  They made those little cups of mac and cheese with noodles shaped like SpongeBob.  I peeled carrots and cucumbers and made sandwiches.

J said "Gramma, your table always looks like this when we come over.  Lots of different foods."

Smiles.

Then they wanted to swim in the backyard.  Here's how it goes...

The trail starts with shoes

Clothes are everywhere


More shoes (boy shoes can't be near girl shoes)

"Don't get me wet!!"  Buddy, if you don't want to get wet you're in the wrong place...

The day was GORGEOUS... I didn't mind sitting on the patio watching the mermaids and man.  I read nearly all of the second half of the book I was reading, Killing Lincoln.  It's a good read, if you like history and especially if you like books about Lincoln.

Sunday was a lazy day.  We had rain in the morning.  Later in the afternoon Miss A was playing outside with the neighbors. 

A boat had recently been removed from the patio, so they had lots of room for scooters. 

Unfortunately DH discovered an insect nest of some kind and had to spray to remove them from the eaves of the house.  So late in the evening there was stinging and screaming and searching for bites and "GRAMMA WHY DID THEY STING ME ALL I WAS DOING WAS PLAYING I'VE NEVER BEEN STUNG BY A BEE BEFORE I WASN'T BOTHERING THEM AT ALL I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!"

You know what, sweetie, sometimes they just sting because they can.  It's what they do, they're bees.


Keep calm and carry on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today!